Monday, December 22, 2014

The religion talk

So remember a few posts back when I was talking about how religion was a touchy subject in J and I's marriage? 

Well, today is the day that the topic got brought up again.... and.... it went soooo good! We were able to talk about some of the things we have in common. I was able to relate to his distaste for mormon culture- but love for the doctrine, and how hard it is to separate the two sometimes.

We were also both able to share some of our personal beliefs that differed a little bit- and it was refreshing to have those differences not turn into a fight.

The conversation turned to how we want to open that conversation channel again- and I can't tell you how happy that made me.

Lots of tears were shed, hearts were opened.

I would saw that today was a win

No comments:

Post a Comment