Sunday, December 14, 2014

Linkage

I am just curious. Do you think there is a link between a lack of sentiment and the addict? My husband was really sentimental about going to temple square, and then after the slip, he suddenly wasn't? Just curious if any one else has noticed that as well.

We had a big fight about it last night, and I just decided to go by myself with my son... But then hit a wall of traffic and had to turn around and come back home. It felt so liberating to just get out and hold to the plan we had had for forever. And then today we ended up going together as a family (including j) and it was a ton of fun, and he said he was glad he went. 

This roller coaster ride had taught me one thing: low expectations are the only way to keep my emotions relatively constant. Thank goodness for the holidays and the cheery spirit it brings with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment