Saturday, December 20, 2014

Goddess in Training

The name of my blog has kind of been my personal motto ever since I can remember. I have always loved the imagery that comes with the phrase "someday I will be like him" referring to us becoming like our Heavenly Father- a God.... But I'm a girl, so I know that I won't be exactly like him- I'll be more like our Heavenly Mother- and if Heavenly Father is a God, that makes Heavenly Mother a Goddess. Isn't that just so DANG exciting!? 

A couple of things have happened in my life that really confirmed the idea that this is the potential that lives inside of me:

First is THIS talk by Brad Wilcox at a BYU devotional.  Reading this talk helped me realize my true potential without making me feel overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of it. He shows how the Savior's atonement makes it possible for us to be able to "practice" being like him. It helped me to understand what God's grace is truly about. I love the piano analogy- it hits my heart so powerfully Every. Time. I. Read. It... If you haven't read it- DO!  And have a box of tissues handy.

Second: I have had friends that I have been blessed to be close to during hard times in their lives- and Heavenly Father has shown me just how BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING each of their potentials are- and was able to share it with them. Super powerful and very special times for me.

Third: When I was first married to my husband, I had a dream in which I saw my husband as he might have looked in the pre-mortal life. A strong warrior just SHINING with light. It was the most beautiful sight that I had ever seen. It was during a time where I hated him with all my heart- but I feel that heavenly father wanted me to see his true potential and where he had come from so that I would stick it out at least this far and learn all the amazing things I have learned from this whole experience... I think. Still not sure on the why- but the dream was very distinct and beautiful.

THAT's why the name of my blog is so important to me, and it reminds me of my potential every time I read it... and now I hope that it does the same thing for you too.

Love ya!
Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment