Monday, January 5, 2015

Update

Here is my update:

  • It's funny that I'm reading a book about shame, and yet didn't post on Friday, and am feeling shameful about it... but I tell myself that I shouldn't feel shame... and yet there it is. 
  • J and I have had some (drama filled?) talks lately about our relationship, and how we feel like we are totally growing apart. I feel like part of it is that we are both living in fear about what the other person is thinking/feeling/doing/not doing. It's a scary time for me. Especially because last night during a discussion that definitely took a turn for drama, J was saying things that I was trying to ignore. I think I did a pretty good job- too good of a Job, because his insults and jabs got worse and worse- and then he grabbed me to get my attention- INSTANT trauma response on my part. I slept on the couch because I knew there was no point in me even asking him to do so- he was so in addict/drama mode there was no going back. I slept on the couch to stay safe and to abide by my bottom lines, and I am so glad I did. I respect myself so much more than I would had I just stayed in bed.
  • I have been contemplating starting a business with J- but right now that just seems like a stupid idea. 
So there is my update- I am going to continue to have my goal of writing on here every day, and I will not let my set-backs take that away from me- take that shame.


4 comments:

  1. Ugh! Addict mode is the worst. There is such a tangible difference when you see it manifesting. Keep sticking to your boundaries. And I hope your talks get better. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annegirl! Boundaries saved my butt!! Really appreciate your support!

      Delete
  2. I used to have a goal to blog every day as well. And when I would miss a day, I shamed myself so much. Way to recognize it and realize it's okay. It's okay. You are awesome. I'm sorry thing have been hard, but you are doing amazing to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kilee! You always know right where you need to validate me :) Thank you so so much! So excited for you to be a mama, you're the best!

      Delete