Thursday, March 13, 2014

Building my toolbox, just in case

I thought today that I should be writing on here on the good days, and not just on the bad days, so here I am! My hubby has been doing some excellent work. He has been sober for a month on Saturday, the longest stretch that I can remember!  I am still cautious that this will be it, and I feel like I am just waiting for him to say "ash........" In that tone that I know so well. But I'm working my own recovery, and I am refusing to live in fear- it's no way to live. I am also not going to live in denial, and I think it is a good thing to spiritually and mentally prepare for the worst, and if it never comes, well, being prepared can only help! :) I am in the process of putting together a list of scripture references that will help get me through the rough times. It has been such a good experience to find some scriptures that just speak to my soul. I thought that I would share them on my blog :) 

Romans 5:3-5
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

2 Corinthians 4:17
 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 

 Psalms 119:116-117
116 Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.

So far I have found these three scriptures that just speak to my heart! The funny thing is that they all come out of the bible, which I never had really read before this trial... It makes my heart happy knowing that all during that time when the gospel hadn't been restored, that The Lord didn't leave his children high and dry, that he was able to give peace through his beautiful words through this book. Look at me, now I'm rambling! Help me build my list!! Do you have any scriptures that just speak to your soul? Share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment