Thursday, March 20, 2014

Another slip.

I woke up today knowing that today would be a slip up day. I could see it coming. And I woke up, and saw his face and knew. So I've been preparing myself all day- boosting my spirits, careful not to numb with TV, and focused on my own recovery. When he got home from school and told me that he had acted out... I wasn't even a little bit surprised. I calmly talked about it, told two of my support girls, and have been debating on what else I could do to maintain this sense of peace that I'm feeling. Am I upset about it? Yes. Am I annoyed? Yes. Do I trust that he's actually finally going to overcome this someday? Yes. I really do. He's doing good work, hard work, outside of his comfort zone work. And I trust the process. I keep waiting for the devastation to wash over me, but it hasn't happened yet. I feel like my life is manageable and that I know what to expect out of it. Is it peace? I think I'm achieving peace. Finally. 

4 comments: