Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stirrings

I'm a little scatterbrained today, so I thought I would share a little bit about the things that have been on my mind the last few days:

First, I'll update the Bishop situation: He just called us in to tell us that he feels that we should go back to activities we had done when we were dating/engaged, and fall back in love using the same dates that we fell in love doing before. It's actually been really good for us, we haven't watched as many shows as we used to right before going to bed, and we've been pulling the games off the shelf and blowing off the dust- It's been really bonding. We also have become a little less strict with bedtime and our boy, we figure that we are in college and young still, and he is a college baby, let's live (reasonably- we still try to be home by 10, which would have seemed so weird back when we didn't have a baby) and enjoy living. It's been pretty awesome, we've gone to concerts, ballgames, and a lot of other fun activities. It's a little harder to be isolated when you're out being reminded that the world is still spinning.

Okay, now on to what's on my mind

The reason why I chose the word "stirrings" as a title for this post is because of that feeling I am starting to sense in the air- the winds of change are blowing. I am getting a new sister-in-law in a few months, we are going off to who knows where for law school this fall, we are finishing up phase 2 of the lifestar program, and I have no idea where we are going to go from there- if we will start over with a new phase 2 now that my husband is becoming more committed to be sober at the end of the program, or if we will continue on to phase 3- which is supposed to be a hard phase where you dig into the roots of the problem..., my baby is turning into a talking toddler, and that's a huge change, I'm studying for the LSAT, and will be graduating next year. I guess I am feeling the stirrings of the new woman I am becoming, and I love it! Lately, I have also felt the stirrings of love coming back into my heart for my husband- I didn't realize how little was left until we started building again, it's been pretty cool. Also, he has been sober for about 2 weeks now, woot woot! Last time we went two months, so he's reaching for a new record, and I'm proud of him.


Other thing on my mind:

Have you guys read this article that's going around the internet? I read it, and agreed with everything it was saying, he had a lot of good points. I like that it was written by a man to men. Do you think it's something you would share with your husband? I am afraid it will hit my husband's shame button if I did...


No comments:

Post a Comment